Thursday 7 September 2017

Book Review: White by Angelina J. Steffort (The Wings Trilogy #1)



Title: White

Author: Angelina J. Steffort

Series: The Wings Trilogy #1

Publication Date: 19 April 2017

Publisher:  - 







Summary:



When 18 year old Claire Gabriel meets Adam, her life takes a drastic turn. He seems to have stepped right out of a fairy tale, he shows this alien glow in his eyes, and he is beautiful – more than anything. On the way to discovering his secret, Claire soon finds herself in love with the mysterious boy. 
Unable to evade the dark shadow their feelings for each other draw up, Claire becomes a target in the the eternal war between good and evil; because Adam isn’t the only mysterious creature hovering around Claire . . .

White is Angelina J. Steffort's debut novel and the first book in The Wings Trilogy, the story about the impossible love between a girl and an angel.


My Thoughts:


I've promised the full review of this book way back in May, when I organised the tour for it via KC Book Promotions. However, you all know me, i get caught up with school, then my internship, then my relocation and packing 4 years of my life into boxes and suitcases and finally the holiday trips that just called me to read but not write. 

However, I kept in contact with Angelina and even got onto her Street Team - Angelina's Celestials, btw, if you are interested check it out, we have fun there! Back to the topic, as i got to know that the second book would grace us with its presence very soon Fall 2017, i finally remembered to write the review on the first book not to lose track of books, but before i reread it one more time just in case i missed anything and to keep the plot twists fresh in my mind. 

First of all, whoever, hasn't read the book, i encourage you to do so! Don't worry it's not your usual Angel book with a twist, though it is an Angel book with a huge twist! Next, i might accidentally spoil something for you as some character do not appear until later in the book, but i really need to use them in my review for you to understand my thoughts! Ready?

If you've already read the book, you would know that there are 2 main Ships (teams, couples, call them whatever ypu would like. However, I don't understand how no one sees that one ship that would be so awesome if it ever came true! Knowing my luck, it never will.... But seriously have you never thought Claire and Ben would make an awesome couple? No? I guess i'll just leave it for my fan-fiction writing then...

Did I just get off track again? Sorry... Right, characters... My favourite character would be Jaden (after Ben of course, but then again we don't get to see a lot of his character development, same as Jaden you can say, but what i saw of his i definitely like him more than Adam!). Who he is, i won't tell you that, i don't want to spoil the whole fun with that. 

Now let's move to the main couple of the book Claire and Adam. After rereading the book i finally understood what ticked me off so much in Adam, he just wasn't my type of character. I totally liked him in the beginning but i did have a sense of foreboding from him, and i was not wrong. His whole i love you but you need to stay away was just too cliche. At least take Ben's approach and be as intimidating as you can be, but no, he just clings to Claire without letting her go. Now, while i did love Claire, some of her character was still pissing me off. Maybe because i don't get the love she was feeling towards Adam, but her resolve to walk away from Adam at one point of the book impressed me immensely to later shout at her for being too submissive to Adam's charm. However, she's still a fantastic character, and like Jaden i'm also impressed with her for staying calm in all that situations, though he finale did break my heart alongside of Claire's!! 

Last thing before i close my review, the author's writing, she's great! I lost myself in the book twice and that's with the contents still quite vivid in my brain! I hope you will enjoy the book as much as I did! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don't miss you next favourite book or manga! Happy reading! 

XOXO


KATIE

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment