Thursday 29 June 2017

Book Review: Moirai by Ruth Silver (Abberant #2)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Moirai

Author: Ruth Silver

Publication Date: 26 September 2013

Publisher: Patchwork Press







Summary:



Olivia has been on the run from the government of Cabal since the marriage ceremony. Finally settling in and finding herself a place to call home, in Shadow, Olivia and Joshua are preparing for the uprising that they and the rebel alliance have been planning for months.

With new abilities and special talents, from Mindonsiphan, Olivia learns that she can do more than most ordinary eighteen year olds. Learning both to hide and perfect her skills will be one of the biggest challenges she'll be forced to face.

A constant rollercoaster of emotion and adventure await Olivia and Joshua, as they embark on a journey to the rebel city of Torv, and what was once home, Genesis.
 


My Thoughts:


And Katie's Corner is back with Aberrant series by Ruth Silver. Apparently, June 2016 has been quite productive in writing the reviews. how so? even though I was busy with helping my dad at the company and I seriously wanted to stop looking at my laptop once I came back home I still managed to write at least one review a day. all thanks to my cute brother. as he wanted me to sit next to him before he fell asleep I truly had time to focus on writing and not on reading.

But all of that is good and let me talk about today's pick. I remember I have reviewed the first book Aberrant way back in the beginning of 2016, and due to all my studies and scheduled reviews, and let's be honest I had tons of tours in February and March for the KC Book Promotions, iI just couldn't fully immerse into the book. But once I finished Crossed by Ally Condie, my urge to read something with similar plot came back. let me be honest, I loved the first book but somehow before I started the second one some of the things have disappeared from my brain. it was easy to recreate them, but still, some things took me by surprise when they shouldn't have. Apparently, I have forgotten that Olivia and Joshua got some super powers. Oh, I'm sorry if I have spoiled this for those who have yet to start the series. *bows regretfully...

And let's just jump into what I loved about the second book. I really loved how Olivia grew as a character, especially in the motherly department. Adelaide's appearance was well timed and gave our 18-year-old a nice push. Oh, and I was having tons of fun with their relationship and how Olivia kept away from Josh so that she wouldn't get pregnant. But of course she found some ways, so those of you who are waiting for that, yo won't be disappointed. I wasn't quite satisfied with how they defeated Craynor, and well my thoughts proved to be correct... However, I loved how the bond between our characters was growing and some idolised characters made an appearance only to become a total disaster in the end.

Overall, this was a really good sequel to the series and Moirai or Destiny if we shall call the book in English is truly fitting, as we'll see it if it was destiny that put Olivia and Josh together or someone's speculations. Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! I'm off to start the final book, it should be interesting! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment